Wednesday 15 September 2010

Flowers

Ok, out of context and chronology and what not, but I love love love flowers, and they're everywhere here. There are window boxes and rose gardens and flower decorations and fountains with flowers around them, etc. Flowers don't grow that well in Texas because it's hot and rather dry, and even the flowers that grow there, even though I love them, aren't big blossomy flowers, they're more stalky, a la the bluebonnet. So I can't get enough of the flowers here. I saw so many beautiful roses in Edinburgh today. And there are these gorgeous flowers that grow in clusters of blossoms right outside my dorm, I can't think of the name, but they're lilac colored and gorgeous. And there are geraniums everywhere.

I've noticed that whenever I actually put in the effort to take pictures (which is a lot of effort for me), which I only do when I'm traveling somewhere by myself, I end up taking tons of pictures of flowers. Not documenting the trip, or the place I'm visiting or something reasonable, just lots of pictures of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment